Back It Up!
March 31st is World Backup Day—a day that reminds us to protect our digital lives.
As we become more and more reliant on technology, preventing losing our data is more important than ever. After all, it’s much easier to prevent losing data than trying to recover it once something happens. So, before anything gets lost, stolen, or just totally crashes, take the time to back up your phone, computer, tablet, and other devices your rely on. Instead of storing your important data, family photos, home videos, documents, and emails all in one place—make a backup somewhere safe.
Here are some tips for backing up your data:
- Set up automatic data backups on a regular basis. Automatically recurring data backups ensure that your data is routinely saved and, if anything were to happen, you know your data was recently backed up.
- You’ve got options, choose what works for you.
- External hard drives or USB sticks plug directly into your device, can be accessed anywhere at any time, but generally need to be manually backed up.
- Cloud-based storage is completely digital, easy to set up auto-updates, available across multiple devices, but can’t always be accessed without Internet access.
- Store your data in more than one place. Multiple storage spaces ensure that, if one fails, you have your data either way.